In 1890 it was decided to build a larger school than the Grant School. A four room building was built at the cost of $5,000 on the current school grounds. In 1902 a library was constructed.
In 1902-03 a library was added on.
In 1904 a small building was erected across the street to house the primary grades. These two buildings served the community until 1913 when the brick school house was built.